Birthday Cakes for Beginners
Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 May 2022 - 3.30pm till 7pm
This workshop is perfect for all those who dream of making beautiful, tasty, elegant cakes but have never cracked an egg or piped a swirl on a cupcake.
During this workshop you will learn how to:
- bake a versatile sponge from scratch and flavour it
- make and flavour a syrup for cakes
- make a scrumptious pink grapefruit curd
- make a delicious vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream and colour it
- perfectly frost the cake and impress a serrated effect all around it
- pipe and arrange a garland of beautiful and effective buttercream roses, dahlias, peonies and leaves.
All the material and ingredients for the class are supplied, but you can preorder a kit including:
- the 2 side scrapers (plain and serrated)
- the 7 piping nozzles used to make the flowers and leaves (2 petals, 1 leaf, 1 rose centre, 1 large petal, 1 dahlia petal, 1 round)
- 4 gel colours (saffron, pink, claret, grass green)
- 6 disposable piping bags
- 1 angled spatula
The kit - priced 40 Euro - is available only on preorder and ensures saving at least 15% compared to the shop value.
Tea and coffee will be on the house, as well as cake, of course!
The class will run over two afternoons, Saturday and Sunday, from 3.30 pm to 7 pm.